Jan 5, 2017

Turn Doodles into Awesome - Drawing & Painting Tips

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY

OK, I admit it.  I am hooked.  I mean really hooked.  

It all started innocently enough.  My art partner asked me to plan a Christmas Card for our Christmas Card making class using my doodles.  Easy to do I thought.  I have been working on doodles with my animals and created a whole series I call Constructive Organics.  (You can see them HERE ).   I worked up a series using trees that was 'doable' for Beginners to Advanced artists and thought I was done. 

 Then I had one of those moments.  You know when you ask yourself, "What if . . .?"  Suddenly I was knee deep in ideas.  I couldn't sleep, those ideas were just tumbling around in my head.  I had to try new shapes.  I was giving classes and cards were flying off my drawing table.  Thank heavens Christmas came and everything stopped. 

But, one of my students said " This was so much fun.  I would love to do more.  Let me know if you are going to do any more classes."  
By Boxing Day, I was in trouble again.  "What if I did cats? Mice are fun? Will Owls work?"  More sleepless nights!

My Doodles entering Awesome Land
You see, hooked!!  I am really hooked on my Doodles.  

Yes, I have created cards.  Fun cards.  Great for any Occassion.  Fun for you and Fun for those Receiving your Cards.  Picture this: Snowy cold day, you want to stay home and curl up with something easy and fun.  Grab one of my cards and some felts and colour away.  In a short time you will have a Special Card.  Great for that Thoughtful Thank You, an Awesome Birthday Card, or a Special Note for Someone you care about.  Once finished, cards can be framed.  As a bonus, Cards can be given as a gift with a few coloured pens.  They will be a wonderful gift for someone of any age, they can colour away too.  Great Fun, eh?

Here are my cards:
Cards are 5 x 7, with envelope, blank inside.  Printed on 110 lb acid free Cardstock.  Cards are $6 each or 4 for $20.  Shipping $4 in Canada & $6 to United States.  Shipped within 2-3 days after payment through Paypal.  All sales final, no refund or exchange on orders. Contact Wendy to purchase. 
VALENTINES FOR THE CAT'S MEOW

THE CAT'S MEOW

SPRING TULIPS
SASSY CATS
OWLS: SPECIAL FRIENDS
MERRY MICE
Yes, I have got some classes happening as well - TURN DOODLES INTO AWESOME -  Create your own Doodle cards.  Beginners to Advanced are welcome.  Yes, even Beginners will find them fun to do.  With pens, paints, felts and more, create your own one-of-a kind cards for those Special People in your life.  

Class Dates: 
Thursday, February 16, 1:30-3:30pm, Expressions Art Gallery, Valley Fair Mall, Maple Ridge
Thursday, February 16, 6-8pm, Expressions Art Gallery, Valley Fair Mall, Maple Ridge
Saturday, February 18, 10:30-12:30pm, FULL Art by Wendy Studio/Gallery, North Surrey.
Saturday, February 18, 2-4:00pm, Art by Wendy Studio/Gallery, North Surrey.

Cost: $30 All supplies included.  REGISTER NOW to turn your Doodles into Awesome,  Contact Wendy

Special Note to Artists: 
February is Marketing Month for Artists, time to really work on your Business Plan. Join me for a full day of getting ready to make 2017 your best sales year ever.  

All day Marketing Workshop - Let's Get Your Art Out There - Sunday, Feb 26 or March 5, 2017.  This is an opportunity to work with a small group focusing on ways that work for you, to market your art.  Whether you are looking at full time or part Art Sales, there are effective, proven strategies that will get your work out the door. $70 Limited to 8 per session.  Art by Wendy Studio/Gallery, N. Surrey, BC.  REGISTER NOW  with Wendy.   Out of Towners give me a call and we can set something up.

Etsy Shop now Open: WendyMouldsArt  Come on In!!

Be sure to like and share my posts. You won't miss a single one if you FOLLOW BY EMAIL or Like my Facebook Page.  Keep up with all the art events by joining my email list (see sidebar) Have a great artful day,
Wendy

No comments: