Jan 27, 2014

The Lady Vanishes - She's DONE!!

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY
THE LADY VANISHES  - 18 x 24 - unframed - $650

WOW!!   She is done!!  

She did turn out to be quite a job but I really enjoyed it;  I was very excited with how it all came together. My favourite part was working on Michael and Margaret - who know I would enjoy drawing people so much!  I have always been a birds and animal person!!  The large format was also fun and I will try that again.

In working on this poster I did a bit of research into the movie itself.  For Margaret Lockwood, the female star in the movie, this proved to be the peak of her career.  She did go on to other movies and even experienced quite a bit of success as a villainess in the 40’s, but she nothing matched the success of this movie.  On the other hand, Michael Redgrave faired much better.  He originally did not want to leave the stage to do this movie but was talked into it. It was a good move; this movie proved to be a strong launching pad for a very successful movie career. 

My Lady will head off for jurying on Feb. 8 and hopefully she will make it into the show. The show opens with the reception on Feb. 18, 2014.  I will definitely be there as I want to see what other artists did for the show.  I am sure there will be some very interesting interpretations of this theme.

Reception Information:  Feb 18, 7-9pm.  Newton Cultural Center, 13530 72 Ave.   The show will also go on tour so I will keep you informed. 

If you have a special moment in time you would like me to draw for you just  Contact Wendy and I will be happy to work with you.  Much of our work can be done through phone and email. 

Have a good day. 



No comments: