Jan 9, 2014

Hayley - The Great Hunter

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY
 Hayley - 14 x 18 Commission 

Yes, this is another of the Christmas Commissions.  Hayley is a great drawing and I am really pleased to share her with you. Needless to say her owners were very thrilled with the picture.
Hayley is a very tall black lab and loves to chase things, even in the water. She loves that game and will keep you busy till your arm falls off. I got some great shots of her in the water waiting for that stick to be thrown.

 Drawing an all black dog can be a challenge.  The key is to have reference material that has lights and shadows that define the animal.  When I took my pictures it was a warm sunny day at the end of August, so I really had to close my filter down in my camera to reduce the bright light and capture the shadows.  The results, a great set of photos to work with.
If you are interested in Commissioning a drawing just Contact Me.  I would love to work with you bringing your picture to life.
Have a good day.

No comments: