Oct 4, 2013

Our 63 Chevy Impala

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY
63 Chevy Impala - 6.5 x 9.5 - $230 unframed

Well I did it!!  Steve and I dug into our old albums and found a picture of his car - a 63 Chevy Impala!!  He had just washed it and taken a picture of it before we went out on a date.  Lots of memories there!  The original car was all white but his good friend Brian, painted it metallic green and later put a black vinyl roof on it.  I have drawn it without the vinyl roof as that was my first memories.

Once again I have been working with ink and coloured pencils.  I tried using Illustration board this time but I will go back to my Bristol vellum.  I did not like the way the ink lines show in the shadows when I used the coloured pencil.  It does give it an interesting texture for the ground but sometimes it was very hard to work with inside the car.  Now that I have found a way to draw Classic Cars I am anxious to dig into my reference files and get too work!!

If you have a car you would like me to draw let me know, I am happy to do commission work. 

3 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

What a cool car! And I love the story that goes with the painting, Wendy!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks, I must admit we had lots of fun going through the old pictures to find the reference material. Good times!

Debbie Nolan said...

Wendy - this is fabulous. I love old cars and this is a beauty. Thanks for sharing...hope to see many more. Have a great day.