Nov 8, 2012

Rosebud

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY
ROSEBUD - 2.25 X 3 inches ($90 unframed)

Flowers are definitely on my mind right now.  I have been saying good bye to all the plants in my flower beds as I dig them up and plant my spring bulbs.  It is so hard to do when they are still in bloom and the sun is shining but it is going down to -2 tonight so I know it is time. 
One of the blogs that has been of interest to me lately is Jacqueline Gnott’s. 
http://jacquelinegnott.blogspot.ca  Her flower pictures have a sense of simplicity but yet the detail is there(you know how I love detail!) and there is lots of drama. All of this interests me a lot.  I wanted to see if I could create my own dramatic flower art only in miniature.  A timely gift of a miniature rose bush from a friend gave me my model and I was off and running.  Rosebud is my first endeavor and to my surprise my husband, Steve likes it.  I think that is a good sign.
Rosebud is off today to the Positively Petit Show at the Place des Arts in Coquitlam.  The show runs Nov. 15 to Dec 21 with the reception on Thursday, Nov. 15, 7-9pm.  I will see you there.

As always, cards and prints are available for all my work starting at $3.50.

2 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Beautiful colors, Wendy! I love J. Gnott's art, too. Good luck at the show!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thank you. Yes, the rosebud turned out well. I will have to try it with some other things.