Sep 3, 2012

RODI - WANNA PLAY MOM?

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY

RODI - 1997-2012
This is a memory piece of Rodi, who was a wonderful companion and friend for his family for over 15 years.  I knew Rodi as a young dog and watched his play; he came to our neighbourhood around the same time as I got Rusty.  They were only a few months apart.  Rodi grew so fast, it was amazing and at times a bit too much for Rusty but the two of them got along and we went on walks together.  Then we moved and so did Rodi’s family.  We kept in touch by email over the years and both dogs proved to be wonderful companions.  It was with great sadness that I learned of his passing but I know he left behind wonderful memories.  I was honored when his owners asked me to draw a memory piece for them.  When we looked at their pictures we found there were several that they really liked and so I created this collage of Rodi for them.  It was a pleasure to work on this piece and once again share with them the wonderful memories they had.  It really reminds me once again how much animals can enrich our lives.

6 comments:

Brenda Hill CDM said...

What a wonderful drawing, the family will have fond memories with this piece

Gillian Olson said...

Beautiful piece Wendy.

Studio at the Farm said...

What a beautiful collage/sketch of Rodi. It is a very wonderful memento.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Hi, yes Brenda they were really pleased. I must admit at times it brought tears to my eyes. It is amazing how lifelike the graphic makes the drawing.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thank you Gillian, it was a big project but I felt it went well.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Hey Kathryn, thanks. The collage idea grew from their feelings that they had several favourite pictures and things they wanted to remember about Rodi. Once I started playing with them it just seemed to all fall into place. It was a great project that I really enjoyed doing.