Sep 26, 2011

HACKED AND BURNED -- STARS ARE BORN

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY
THE OLD GUARD - 5.5 X 3.5 - AVAILABLE



NEW KID ON THE BLOCK - 5.5 X 3.5 - AVAILABLE
These two little gems are products of one of my soul searching periods that ended in a hacking and burning of a lovely picture.  I completed the original picture of my finches “Out for Dinner” in the spring;  it was well drawn (I thought so anyway) , lovely birds, great bird feeder and the composition was a bit unusual, almost symmetrical.  But it didn’t do it for me!!  I felt those little finches were not happy. 

Out for Dinner
 I have looked at that picture and mulled over it for months.  Suddenly in the middle of the night a few days ago it hit me, crop it tons, there is just too much empty space.  (I know I need to get a life and do other things at night but. . .that’s another story)  It took a day or two to get the courage but then I took my paper cutter and let her rip.   After, I added a few extra touches to give more sparkle and Stars were born.   

5 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Wendy, that was BRILLIANT! They are ever so much better cropped. Adorable birds, so attractive with just slight touches of color.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks, I do love that little touch of colour. I am not into doing the whole thing with coloured pencils but the finch do have that bit of colour and it is nice to include it.

Brenda Hill CDM said...

Great idea, these little guys are adorable and your not supposed to be drawing or cropping pictures in your sleep!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks Brenda, you are right, I shouldn't be doing it in my sleep but sometimes things happen. . .

Julia Ruffles | wildlife artist said...

what little cuties!:) beautifully drawn, Jules