Mar 3, 2011

A Really Big Day

A Case of Curiosity - 10 x 14 SOLD

Pictures Gone and Fingers Crossed!!
Today was a really big day for Art by Wendy, I had two major events. First thing this morning I was off to deliver my pictures for my application for Signature Status in the Federation of Canadian Artists. My picture “A Case of Curiosity” was one of my originals from my group. You need to submit 10 digital images and then 3 originals from that group of 10. The jurying will be done on Sunday so I will have my fingers crossed all weekend.
Margaret with her load, where to begin!
After we left Granville Island Steve and I motored over to Burnaby to the Deer Lake Gallery, 6584 Deer Lake Ave. Today was the day to hang the show “A Walk on the Wild Side . . Or Not!!” (a 2-person show) featuring myself and Margaret Mah. Our show is a walk with a twist. Margaret images are a real contrast to my realistic birds, animals and landscapes. It makes for a very interesting and dynamic combo. The reception is this Saturday, March 5, 2-4pm. The show runs to March 26. On the last day of the show March 26, I will be doing a drawing demo from 1-3pm . So as you can see, it was a really BIG DAY today!

Lots of excitement as the pictures get loaded up!

3 comments:

Barbara A. Freeman said...

The very best of luck to you, Wendy on your application for Signature Status in the Federation of Canadian Artists! No, kidding, it is a big weekend for you! The best of luck on your two person show, as well. What fun!

Unknown said...

My very best wishes to you Wendy on the application for signature status. How exciting for you.
Good Luck also with the two person show. You are certainly a very bust lady these days. :)

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks Barbara and Dors. The weekend was just a whirl, the show went well but I did not get signature status. I only missed it by 2 votes so I feel that my work was really valued and I know I will be ready next time.