Mar 27, 2010

Soleil and Billy - Ready to go Home

Soleil and Billy - Sold

Soleil and Billy are looking good and ready to go home. As you can see Soleil was a challenge, she is much lighter than Billy so it took a really light touch to get that fluffy Pomeranian look without going too dark. I listened to my own advice and proceeded patiently as I layered and lifted, layered and lifted. Seems so easy but you know what it is like. Suddenly, you are there, and wondering what all the fuss was about.

The owners have had their look and were very pleased so once I spray them and cut a mat they can go home. I got some lovely extras with this one as they wanted cards and memo pads with the pictures on them. I did a set of 3 memo pads for them: two small pads (4 ¼ x 5 ½) with the dogs separated and then a larger one (8 ½ x 5 ½) with the dogs together. They looked great. I put together memo pads of my work all the time but this was a first for my commission work.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so adorable and I am not surprised to see the owners are thrilled.
Great job Wendy.
I love playing with pencils ..like you say, you layer and lift and worry is this going to happen and all of a sudden it's happened. and what a great feeling.

m1 Designs said...

These two are so cute. Nicely worked on that fluff.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks ladies, I appreciate your comments.